After suffering heavy losses, ISIS using old battle footages to stimulate militants to continue fighting

Screen-Shot-2016-08-13-at-23.41.47.png

A snapshot from a recent ISIS propaganda video showing old clashes with Iraqi army forces in Anbar

ARA News 

ERBIL The Islamic State militant group (ISIS) released a new propaganda video on Saturday in a bid to stimulate its militants to continue the fight in Iraq and Syria. 

The propaganda video, titled ‘Willing to Fight’, shows images for the group’s battles in the Iraqi Anbar province that had been taken earlier this year. 

This comes just one day after the jihadi group lost one of its main pocket on the Syrian-Turkish border, known as Manbij, subsequent to heavy fighting with the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF). Also, the international coalition has recently increased its airstrikes on the group’s positions in Iraq and Syria, killing dozens of ISIS jihadi leaders and destroying a large deal of the group’s weapons arsenal. 

The Islamic State called on its militants to continue the “fight for the Caliphate” and protect its territories “against offensives by the western coalition and their allies”, in reference to the SDF, Kurdish Peshmerga and Iraqi army.

“Using those old footages in a new propaganda video illustrates the inability of the group to produce new videotapes about their alleged victories against their rivals,” head of Nineveh media centre Raafat al-Zarari told ARA News. 

“There are no new victories but heavy losses. Yet ISIS needs to keep stimulating its militants to continue fighting,” he said. “This new propaganda video also shows the gradual collapse of the group’s media machine.” 

Reporting by: Chalak Haji

Source: ARA News

For the latest news follow us on Twitter

Join our Weekly Newsletter

Shortlink:

Related Items

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

3 × 1 =

Top